- Food Police - dieting and food rules
- Nutrition Informant - provides nutrition evidence to keep you in line with dieting
- Diet Rebel - screw you, I'll eat what I want
- Food Anthropologist - neutral observer w/no judgment
- Nutrition Ally - helps you make healthy choices without an agenda (no deprivation or dieting)
- Rebel Ally - help protect your boundaries in a direct and polite manner - "use your mouth for words instead of food"
- Nurturer - soft, gentle, soothing, friend, not critical or judgmental
- Intuitive Eater - speaks your gut reactions, combines Food Anthropologist, Nurturer, Nutrition Ally, and Rebel Ally
- knows how to argue the negative voices out of your head
One of my favorite sections of this chapter is on page 119 about linear thinking.
"The cure for linear thinking is process thinking, which focuses on continual change and learning rather than just the end result. If you start thinking in terms of what you can learn along the way, and accept that there will be many ups and downs, you will go forward."
I like that section because although I know this, I seem to forget it all too often.